Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Counselor Movie Review

Category: Not Worth Watching
 
I haven't had the energy to write a comment about this hideous movie. I am actually quite angry because I have been following Ridley Scott's career since Gladiator and have been enjoying his movies a lot until this film came to theaters. I did not watch the movie because of its stellar cast but because of its talented director. I guess it was a mistake to expect so much but I was embarrassed because I invited other people to watch it with me unfortunately it took a lot of will power to not fall asleep in the cinema.
 
I honestly did not understand the movie at all. Due to my frustration and complete lost in translation, more than halfway of the film, I decided to go to Wikipedia.com to read the plot summary of the movie so I can understand it. I have used so much of my brain cells to try and follow the whole film, but needless to say, it was such a waste of effort. Truth be told, I am surprised that the cinema was relatively full so I hope it's due to the only other movie showing which is THOR. The silver lining of this film is the performance of Cameron Diaz. WOW!!! I have never been a huge fan of her acting because she seems to have a short range of it. But after watching her in this one, this woman has so much potential. Kudos to her.
 
All in all, do not even bother. This should be completely erased from Ridley Scott's filmography. It does not deserve to be part of it.
 
Rate: 1/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment