Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Call Center Girl starring Pokwang, Enchong Dee and Jessy Mendiola Movie Review

Category: Popcorn Movie

I actually did not plan to watch this movie. The reason I did because I was itching to watch one this Friday. I need to feed my addiction and this was it because the movie "Frozen" is scheduled for next day.
 
I have no expectation for Call Center Girl, I was just wishing that it won't suck big time. I am neither a fan nor a hater for the film's stars. The film is about the returning parent after being absent for almost a decade working for a cruise line. The husband is crippled and the wife took it upon herself to be the breadwinner of the family. She returned finding her youngest child has serious abandonment issues and worse, the husband died following his birthday celebration. She made a point to do whatever she can to rekindle their relationship long ago and the way she chose it was thru applying to a Call Center. BPO plays a major economic impact in today's society as many of our graduates ended up working in one and it is great that the team behind this film incorporated that in the story. Pokwang is a breath of fresh air. She has such great comedic timing which I believe is better than a boisterous approach in delivering a line to make it laughable for audiences like most of her contemporaries do. Enchong Dee's acting is a vast improvement compared from his previous endeavors. The chemistry for both him and Pokwang is touchingly sweet and humorous as they portray a mother- and- son relationship.  Jessy Mendiola may be one of the stars of this film, but I personally think, she needs to improve although she has the factor become a true star.
 
I must admit though the stars of the movie would be the supporting cast. Their chemistry with the films leads and themselves is great and funny to watch. It would've been a dud if it weren't for them so I say Kudos. The comedic timing is so on-point and the acting is not over the top which I appreciate very much.
 
Overall, I am very happy with my decision to watch this movie. I was surprisingly not disappointed and highly recommend everyone who wants to watch a feel good film to see this. I am embarrassed to say that I laugh so loud in so many scenes. So I hope you enjoy and have fun the same way I did!
 
Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment