Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Disney's Animated Feature Film " FROZEN" Movie Review

Category: Popcorn Movie

I love watching animated movies for as long as I can remember. I laugh, cry and I memorize the lines of the film. Before I re- watch a film, I make sure I am emotionally prepared because I usually ended up crying in some scenes. However, I must say in this one I did not. It's not exactly a bad thing.
 
Frozen is loosely based on the story about the Snow Queen but instead of seeing the evil version, you see her here as a very caring one. My problem with the film is the abundance of musical numbers. On the other hand, I enjoyed some of the songs and very surprised that Kristen Bell is singing all her part. I have been a huge fan of hers since Veronica Mars days (Can't wait for the film version!) and I did not realize she can sing so well. I hope they nominated a song from this movie where she can sing live in the Academy Awards with Idina Menzel.
 
The movie is very simple and straightforward. It feels like Disney seems to be going back to their old school ways like the time of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast etc. However, I felt that the musical scores for this film are inferior compare to those Disney Classics. The classics' scores fit perfectly in every scene; here in Frozen, some scenes feels forced and out of place. Personally, I don't see a Disney Classic. It is not a bad animated film except I do not think it is for everyone like most Pixar- produced ones.
 
Overall, if you have kids, they will definitely enjoy it. If you plan to watch it with friends and love musicals then go for it but if not, then think before you spend your money.
 
Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment