Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A sure hit for Star Cinema's latest offering with "She's the One"

Category: Popcorn RomCom

I may be biased but I do love a good story with great storytelling especially if it is a romantic comedy. Star Cinema is celebrating their 20th anniversary and "She's the One' is one of their latest offerings. The teaser itself is immediately generating "the kilig factor" especially for hopeless romantic like myself and it does help that you have two good- looking and very talented actors/ actresses as leads: Dingdong Dantes and Bea Alonzo
 
Fortunately for Star Cinema, one of the most sought after actors is from the rival network and he was given permission to do a movie opposite the hottest leading woman from their network. Completing the movie credit is one of the country's hottest up and coming young actors of his generation. I think that equates a sure box office hit for Star Cinema.
 
The pacing of the movie is great and the chemistry was smoking! The thing that really caught my eye was the acting of the two leads. They were so natural. It was like watching another person's life the whole time without them being aware of it. I have to give props to the director. I haven't actually been aware of her until this movie. The way the movie was executed and edited is brilliant. You never noticed the time and the movie is about 2 hours long! Although the movie is without imperfection. First is the second leading man: Enrique Gil. Do not get me wrong, the guy is HOT!!! Unfortunately, he needed to tone down his "James Dean" look because it is too overdone. I hope his acting coach can improve this "technique" of his. You know "less is more". Second, a scene that I believe shouldn't have been part of the movie. It is too corny. (You'll know what I am talking about when you watched it!)
 
Overall, the movie reminds me of another Filipino movie "Sana Maulit Muli" starring Aga Muhlach and Lea Salonga. It was that good! I highly recommend it. As a matter of fact, I am going to watch it again. Hoping for a sequel. 
 
Rating: 9/10 
 
Next Movie(s) plan: Thor 2, The Family, Captain Phillips 

No comments:

Post a Comment