Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

"Rocky" and "Terminator" teams up with an "Escape Plan"


 
Category: Popcorn Movie
 
Some of the first movies I remembered watching were Rocky, Terminator 2, and Die Hard with my dad who bought VHS or Laser Disk way back when.  My father is without a doubt the single person who influenced me into loving movies from a very young age. So each time there is a movie starring either Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Bruce Willis, that movie is automatically reserved.
 
The first time I saw the trailer for Escape Plan, I thought, this looks promising, but I am a little apprehensive since watching The Expendables series requires me to lower my expectations. Needless to say, I know I'll have a great time since my dad would enjoy this either way.
 
The first few minutes in the movie was fast-paced definitely different from the current movies Sly has been choosing to star in. The story is unique although predictable. Certain parts was a little dragging but the overall story was not as shallow as I have expected at first. Jim Caviezel as an antagonist was believable in his portrayal but do not expect much from Sly and Arnold. If you are looking for action sequences, this is fully packed with it and another plus side, the movie does not look "low budgeted". Highlight of the film is the lead actors' chemistry. Arnold's humor definitely came across the screen in this film.
 
Given that the two lead actors are past their prime, you can help but applaud their tenacity and the way they choose their movies to ensure longevity in their respective careers. I hope they keep choosing the right ones to make them relevant.
 
Overall, die hard fans of both actors would love this movie. Watch it in the movie theater if you have money to spare but if you don't, I suggest you wait for the DVD or Bluray or even HBO.
 
Rate: 6.5/10
 
Next movie(s) plan: Carrie (remake), She's the One (Star Cinema Movie)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment