Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Not even The Great Robert De Niro can save "The Family"

Category: Nothing Special

I cannot believe that the man responsible in revitalizing the career of Liam Neeson as an action star is also responsible for directing this bland and unforgettable movie. Anyone heard of the movie, TAKEN? Yes, same person.  
 
The Family is led by some of the industry's veteran and respected actors. When I first saw the trailer, it reminded me of the movie RED. Fun and pure entertainment starred by actors who are known for serious acting for serious, Oscar Worthy movies. It caught my attention because it looks just plain fun. I should've known better than place this movie on a pedestal. But can you blame me? Just read the credits. And have I mentioned that it is also co- produced by Martin Scorsese? Unfortunately, not all that caliber can save this one.
 
I honestly think that the premise has so much potential. It has so many angles that it can tackle but instead they came up with such an average and predictable plot. The movie can be dragging at times and also the climactic scene is so irritating that when the name LUC BESSON showed up in the credits as the director, I just couldn't contain my disappointment. The members of the family are known for their "revenge" tactics that when the time it really needs for them to use all those moves, they fell flat.  
 
Moreover, I believe that Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Tommy Lee Jones could've been given better material and I cannot believe they decided to star in this movie. Diana Agron may be pretty in the screen but she looks like a talentless twit in this one unfortunately. Another downside? There is no subtitle! Given that there were plenty of scenes spoken in FRENCH! So I have no idea what there were talking about. 
 
Needless to say, I do not recommend this movie. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.
 
Rating: 2/10
 
Next Movie(s) plan: Thor 2, The Hunger Games



No comments:

Post a Comment