Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2013

The movie "Gravity" starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney


Category: Oscar Worthy

I always go to Wikipedia.com to see what movie my favorite actors, actresses, and directors are going to do next. When I read Alfonso Cuaron directing a new movie, I didn't much care about which actors are going to be in it. All I know is he is one of the best directors in modern cinema. The first time I saw the teaser trailer for the movie, "Gravity" all I can say was, "I gotta watch this!" and I did last October 5, 2013.

My verdict? WOW!!!!! It's definitely the best movie I've watched this year. The cinematography and the special effects is by far one of the best I've seen in my life.  I felt like I was part of the movie, or I am in a simulation like something you ride in Universal Studio. The only thing lacking is for the seats to move. Another highlight from the movie is the crisp screenplay and the execution of the storylines from the respective actors, especially Sandra Bullock. KUDOS to her! I didn't think she deserved her OSCAR from the movie "The Blind Side" (although she was good in it but hey there were better contenders from that category. Just Saying!) but I sincerely hope she gets at least an Academy nomination for her portrayal in this movie. It's the first movie I've watched that I felt that I've forgotten she even starred in "Miss Congeniality"

If you are thinking on waiting for the DVD or Bluray, I suggest you watched this in a movie theater because it is sure worth your money.

Warning: Don't sit from or near the front rows. Get seats from the middle or even a little farther away if you easily get nauseated. The movie can make you a little dizzy in certain parts. Other than that enjoy and have fun!!!

Rate: 10/10

Next movie(s) plan: Escape Plan, Thor 2: Dark World, Carrie (Remake), She's the One (Star Cinema Movie)

1 comment:

  1. Great review Camille! Very insightful. I'll be looking out for your future reviews.

    ReplyDelete