Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Carrie" remake may not have superseded its Predecessor but it surely can stand on its own

Category: Popcorn Movie

First of all, I am a huge fan of Chloe Grace Moretz. Second, I love the original starring Sissy Spacek. I actually did not understand why they have to do a remake of this movie because the original was absolutely spellbinding. Basically, the reason I wanted to watch the movie is because of Chloe and the great Ms. Julianne Moore and also the fact that the trailer caught my eye so I was curious what "new" interpretation they can do with this remake.
 
The plus side of this movie is its two lead actresses. Julianne Moore as always was mesmerizing as terrifyingly creepy mother of Carrie. She can give Piper Laurie (the mother from the original) a run for her money. Chloe Grace Moretz is too good- looking, I believe, as Carrie White. Although, she is still one of today's most gifted young actresses. She took the role in a different approach by making Carrie more assertive, intuitive, and current. And lastly, the iconic prom scene, it is not as horrifying as the original but the effects are better in this one. Downside? The original is a classic and one of the best horror movies ever made.
 
Although, there are pretty much nothing new in this movie I still suggest that people give it a chance especially for those who have watched the original. The movie boasted a very talented cast and people who previously watched the 1976 film should avoid comparing it so they can truly enjoy this movie. For those who haven't, I believe you will enjoy this remake.
 
Rating: 6.5/10
 
Next Movie(s) Plan: Captain Phillips, The Family, Thor 2

No comments:

Post a Comment