Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Endless Love (Remake) Movie Review

Category: Romantic Movie

I actually have almost no recollection of the first Endless Love film with the exemption of Brooke Shields. However, I am pretty much curious as to how modern cinema will interpret it today. Plus, I find Alex Pettyfer pretty cute so it helps that they got pretty good- looking protagonists. Call me shallow but that's how I am sometimes especially if I feel like watching a movie in a cinema for no other reason.
 
I am actually quite surprised, even though some dialogues are pretty sappy, corny and cliché, the movie is surprisingly good. Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde have enough chemistry to make the film believable. The story is pretty simple although unoriginal but because the editing, the interpretation both in acting and direction are above par, it's fine with me. The film was actually entertaining and engaging.
 
I have to say one more thing. It's pretty lame but I find that Hair and Make- up for Alex Pettyfer so fascinating because other movies featuring this guy, he looks so bad- assed but because one simple change in hair color completely changes his whole persona. He actually looked pretty harmless. Hahahaha! It's probably irrelevant in this review but I actually kept mentioning it with my companions after the movie that I felt that I should share it here. On the other hand, Gabriella Wilde looks GORGEOUS in this film. First time I saw her was on the reboot of 3 Musketeers then the recent remake on Carrie. Now that I think about it, this girl is always featured in some form of reboot or remake. Maybe she should start looking for movies that doesn't involve those "words". Moreover, I still feel she has enough star quality just need more sharpening on her acting chops.
 
Overall, I loved it. It's pretty entertaining. I am a hopeless romantic so this pretty much satisfied me. Not so much but enough. It really depends though if this type of movie will push you to spend money in a theater.
 
Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment